mercoledì 12 luglio 2017

Goodbye, Lafayette!


Bad news are always too many, as far as I’m concerned.
And the one about the death of American actor Nelsan Ellis, aged 39, really sucks.
I’m sure not many of you would be familiar with his real name, but if I say he was Lafayette Reynolds in Trueblood by Alan Ball, I’m sure you’ll immediately figure out of whom I’m talking about.
Lafayette was the (black and gay) cook of Merlott’s Bar, a colleague and very good friend of Sookie Stackhouse, the main character of the series, based upon the books by Charlaine Harris.
In the books, Lafayette dies pretty soon, but in the series, Lafayette stays until the end, just because – I guess - everybody loved him very much.
He certainly was my favourite character: he was incredibly funny, iconoclastic, politically incorrect, truthful and loving. I simply adored him.
Since the very first episode, when Sookie has a crush on a vampire and he comments: 

Oh, so now I know which kind of men you like: tall, dark-haired and... dead! 

There was an episode in which Lafayette and his boyfriend are in some kind of danger and they need to leave their place in a rush. In front of their car’s trunk, the boyfriend looks at Lafayette in disbelief: instead of a small luggage like the one he has in his hand, Lafayette has two big suitcases.
Lafayette looks back at him and pronounce a quote that I have immediately made mine:
Packing light and being me, don’t mix!
Oh, Lafayette, I’m going to miss you…
Zazie

0 commenti:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...